JOB OPENING: Bilingual Social Worker
Published on June 1st, 2018 in Fair Share Housing Development
FAIR SHARE SUPPORT SERVICES
SOCIAL SERVICE COORDINATOR
Position: Social Worker (position available as of 6/1/18)
Employer: Fair Share Support Services, Inc.
Credentials: Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in social work or related field.
Other skills: Spanish/English bilingual proficiency required.
Salary Range: $40,000 with competitive benefits package.
Reports to: Director of Social Services
This job offers many professional growth opportunities in an exciting environment. The position is based in Camden, NJ and operates out of the social service offices at Northgate II, the largest of five affordable housing developments managed by Fair Share Housing Development (FSHD), a nationally recognized nonprofit organization that aims to reduce racial and economic segregation by providing affordable housing with supportive social and educational services in communities of opportunity throughout South Jersey.
Northgate II includes a 308-unit high-rise for elderly and disabled people (approximately 50% each), and a 94-unit garden apartment complex for low-income families. The social service staff and provide service delivery to the 700-plus people living in Northgate II.
Fair Share Support Services, which runs the social service program at Northgate II, is part of the Camden Coalition of Healthcare Providers (CCHP), and is at the forefront of an innovative effort to reduce health care system costs by improving the health and well-being of low-income seniors, families and people with disabilities throughout Camden. More information about FSHD and our wellness program can be found at www.fairsharedevelopment.org/wellness
• Fully understands, articulates and reflects in professional practice the social justice mission and philosophy of Fair Share Support Services social services department.
• Schedules and conducts annual social service assessment visits to high rise residents to assess their health, cognition and functional abilities.
• Documents assessment visit information on assessment form. Documents, in progress notes, all contacts (office visits, home visits and phone contact) with or on behalf of residents.
• Conducts ongoing phone follow-up with residents and community service providers to ensure the needs of residents needs are met.
• Coordinates in-home services and health promotion services as they relate to residents’ ability to manage independently in their home.
• Refers residents to health related services and programming (e.g. assisted living, Enhance Wellness, Chronic Disease Self-Management, exercise programs. etc). Documents referrals in case record.
• Advocates for resident needs to community-based service providers.
• Interprets information to residents regarding services programs and policy changes that affect them.
• Acts as a liaison between community-based providers and Northgate II social services department to ensure the provision and appropriateness of services.
• Provides bilingual social service support to investigate and resolve resident issues regarding benefits and entitlements.
• Provides bilingual social service assistance to ensure resident access to health insurance and medical transportation.
• Works in collaboration with Community Health Worker, Community Center Coordinator, social worker interns and management staff to provide programs/activities and resolve resident issues.
• Ensures that Director of Social Services is informed of any issues that may place residents at risk.
• Evaluates the effectiveness of social work intervention by participating in program evaluation/outcomes measurement.
• Participates in care coordination meetings.
• Participates in social service department meetings, Offers suggestions for short and long-term department planning.
• Attends NJHMFA Services for Independent Living (SIL) meetings and trainings.
• Attends monthly Camden Coalition of Health Provider (CCHP) case management meetings.
• Supervises laundry room volunteers and oversees stipend program.
• Provides front office coverage as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
• Experience working with marginalized individuals and/or groups in an urban environment is a plus.
• Sensitivity to and ability to relate to the needs of low-income elderly and disabled and families.
• Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Excellent time management and organization skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple responsibilities.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate with others.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes in work assignments.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word.
• Must be bilingual.
To Apply for this Position: Please send a resume and cover letter explaining why think you would be a good fit for this job to Marilyn Mock, Director of Social Services at Northgate II: email@example.com Please include contact info for three references with your application. We will accept applications until the position is filled. We are an equal opportunity employer.