Apply For Housing
All prospective tenants must submit a written application together with other documentation relating to family composition, employment status, income and other relevant matters. Applicants must also submit to background checks on credit history, landlord-tenant history and criminal records. Fair Share Housing Development maintains waiting lists for all apartments and fills apartment vacancies on a first-come, first-served basis.
FSHD and The Walters Group are pleased to introduce Phase III of the Mount Laurel Master Plan: Ethel R. Lawrence Homes III (income-restricted) offers 36 townhomes for rent; Robinson Estates single-family homes consists of 24 homes (income-restrictions and rental restrictions apply). THE WAITING LIST FOR THESE APARTMENTS IS NOW CLOSED.
Applications for Ethel R. Lawrence Homes are given out in person every Tuesday between 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Completed applications must be returned in person and are accepted every Thursday between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- The WAITING LIST IS CLOSED for housing at New Sharon Woods. We will notify the public asap when the waiting list opens up again.
- For information about how to apply for housing at Northgate II, please contact the Leasing Agent at email@example.com or call 856-365-1317.
- For information about how to apply for housing at Cooper Plaza Historic Homes, please contact the Leasing Agent at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856-541-9609.
FSHD is an equal opportunity housing provider. We fully comply with the Federal Fair Housing Act. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, handicap, disability, familial status, or national origin. We comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
General Program Eligibility and Application Requirements
- All applicants must not exceed applicable program income limits. FSHD has received funding from a variety of government agencies and each of those agencies has its own guidelines for income eligibility.
- Applicants must provide copies of social security cards and birth certificates for all family members.
- All adult applicants must sign an Authorization for Release of Information.
- The unit for which the family is applying must be intended to be the family’s sole residence.
- Apartment occupancy cannot exceed a maximum of 2 persons per bedroom.
- Applicants must agree to pay the rent required by the funding or subsidy program under which the units are rented.
- All applicants must be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens who have eligible immigration status as determined by HUD.
- We accept applicants with Section 8 vouchers.
- All information submitted by an applicant is subject to verification by relevant third parties, e.g. employers, banks, current and past landlords, government agencies, etc.
- The various funding and subsidy programs may impose additional application requirements and occupancy restrictions.
Application Process Overview and Waiting Lists
Applicants complete and sign the appropriate application form and submit the hard-copy application with original signatures to FHSD in person. All applications received by FSHD are date/time-stamped. FSHD will review your application and determine whether or not you appear to qualify for the size and type (individual/family or senior/disabled) of unit you are applying for.
If we determine that you are not qualified, we will notify you in writing that your application has been denied. If we determine that you do appear to be qualified, we will also notify you in writing. We will then place your application on our waiting list based on the date that your application was submitted to us.
Waiting Lists and Notification of Apartment Availability
Approximately 30 days prior to an apartment unit becoming available, the next person on the waiting list is notified (generally by letter) by FSHD. FSHD staff will make an appointment for the applicant to visit FSHD’s management office to update their information. (Note that all applicants must be ready, willing and able to move when their name comes up on the waiting list. Applicants who are contacted by FSHD about apartment availability may refuse the opportunity one time only while still remaining on the waiting list. Upon a second refusal, the applicant’s name will be removed from the waiting list).
FSHD will then commence the background checks and other data verification that is required. FSHD will obtain a credit report and a criminal background check. We will also investigate your landlord-tenant history. You can expect this part of the application process to be fully completed in two to three weeks.
Approval and Move-In
If you meet all of our criteria, we will approve your application and notify you that you have been approved for move-in. When you come in to sign your paperwork, you will be asked to pay one month’s rent and a security deposit equal to one and one-half months’ rent (money order only).